Monday, January 25, 2010

Rest

After our church service on Sunday, I've been reflecting on the five things I make a point to do every day to get me to the place I want to be in my relationship with friends, family, & the Lord. I've been trying to make "my five" for a few weeks now, but really gave it the most thought today & I think God has finally revealed to me what my spiritual five are. Go here to listen to our church's "five series" and you will see where all of this has stemmed from.

God has shown me through the verses Pastor Chris has given us these past 4 weeks that it is imperative that I take only a few steps towards my goals each day as to not exhaust my progress. Like an axe at a tree, Pasor Chris has said that five swings a day is better than burning yourself out in one afernoon, only to not return to the job for a week. I'm the WORLD's WORST at refusing to sit back and relax (except Saturdys...I'm GREAT at it on SAturdays)

Amanda has it right in this pic....I found these and was reminded of what it means to remember to relax and enjoy God's gifts as oppossed to running yourself into the ground with "business"

I so wish I could fit into that wicker chair again.......she had it for years, but passed it to me shortly after.....


My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)

(Proverbs 17:24 GN) “An intelligent person aims at wise action, but a
fool starts off in many directions.” ....... ACTION! How many times I have "thought" "considered" or simply "planned" but never moved. This Sunday, I was brought to the ralization of God's promises and His Word that He can MOVE me to the action he has planned out for my life.


(Ezekiel 36:25-27) “I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be
clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I
will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from
you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my
Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep
my laws.”

(Jeremiah 6:16) This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads
and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and
walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.”

Off to rest.....goodnight everyone! Have a blessed week & don't forget the importance of taking the time for your five...not 5,000 as we tend to do

I'm SOOO investing in a wicker rocking chair after this



No comments: