Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pork Tenderloin

Well, each and every pretty flower and herb I planted in the garden has died - imagine that. My brown thumb is KILLING me. The one and only survivor (and I completely blame the heat) was my rosemary. I have so much rosemary I could never run out if I tried (that is, if it lives). I decided to be resourceful and make something new, which led me to pull out every single cookbook I own. I cam across this recipe from Ina Garten & was immediately sold when I read "fresh rosemary" .... YES! I HAVE THAT!

It was a huge success! Pork Tenderloin usually comes bundled with 2 or 3 pieces, and half a piece was plenty for the mr and I. I lied and told him the rest was for Bible Studu this week, and now that he hasnt been "able" to touch it, we've had it again and STILL have some left for lunches - go me!

Pair this with a side of rice and veggies and you have a great, healthy dinner. Yum (ps: sorry this is about 8 months overdue)

Ingredients
1 lemon, zest grated
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 to 6 lemons)
Good olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Kosher salt
3 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
Freshly ground black pepper


Combine everything (other than the pork and 2 extra sprigs of rosemary) in a dish. Submerge (ooooo big word, sunny) the pork into a dish to marinade overnight. Ina said (and I did since I couldnt wait 24 hours) that 3 hours will work in the fridge if needed. Next time I'll be good and let is sit overnight, but I was anxious to try it! Start your grill and let them cook about 15-25 minutes, flipping a few times. Once you've flipped yor last time, plop the extra rosemary and marinade drippings and let cook about 7 more minutes. You will be a hero in your house.....until your people get hungry again that is. Enjoy Xx

No comments: