Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hurt

It's safe to say, I wish I were this age again after the morning I've had....

Baby ("Bae") in hand with nothing on the brain but what fun thing I'll get into next.

I had my feelings hurt this morning....it's tough to sit at work for 8 hours when you're feeling blue. Ever done so much for someone and watched them struggle to do something nice for you in return? People say to "forget them! Just stop doing anything to help them out" but the worst part of it all is that I enjoy helping people out. I actually like being a wife, a friend, a daughter, and a sister. Trust me, I'm just as selfish as the next twenty something girl, but I honest to goodness put myself second to a lot of the people in my life. Reality check I suppose. Just when I start to think optimistically someone finds a way to remind me who I can count on......Christ alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunny, I'm in the same boat as you! I think something inside us doesn't want to let go of the harsh reality that we can't count on anyone, with the exception of Christ. I'm sorry you're hurting! This verse has been getting me through my pain as well. I hope it encourages you:

" My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, My power is made perfect in you..."- 2 Chorinthians 12:9

Sunny Jones said...

thank you aly! i needed that!