Wednesday, October 6, 2010

SERVICE




Recently, we discovered that my co-worker (the only one I have) has stage 3 pancreatic cancer. If you are unaware of this form, the prognoses are never good. After a visit with her Oncologist yesterday, we now know that surgery is out of the question (it's too large to remove) & her only hope is to take several rounds of chemotherapy, both orally and through injections as well. These rounds will run roughly $4,000.00/month AFTER insurance coverage! With these and other medical bills headed her family's way, I wanted to raise a little money to help them out.

Brenda has 2 daughters and 4 beautiful grandchildren. She has spent her entire life giving to her husband, children, and family, and still continues to do for others while accepting no sympathy or attention over her current circumstances. I'm simply asking you to help, if you can, make this deserving woman's journey a little less difficult to take. Mr. Jones and I will be taking orders for batches of the following desserts at a base of $5.00 per dessert. Any additional donations can be made if desired & will be greatly appreciated. Please forward this on to your co-workers and family. Thank you for your support and your prayers for Brenda and her family.


Pick any of the followingand place your order via email to me at sunny82209@gmail.com

1. Chocolate Chip cookie bag - contains 4 large cookies and can be made low fat if desired
2. Momma's Haystacks - 8 included
3. Chocolate covered pretzels - one bag
4. Cupcakes - 3 yummy cupcakes with a whipped icing on top


Dear Lord,
You know Brenda so much better than I do. You know her sickness and the burden she carries. You also know her heart. Lord, I ask you to be with my friend now, working in her life. Let your will be done in her life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, Lord, please help her to see her need and confess. Lord, I pray for Brenda because your Word says I should pray for her healing. I believe you hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you to heal her, but I also trust in the plan you have for her life. Lord, I don't always understand your ways, and why she has to suffer, but I trust you. I ask that you look with mercy and grace towards her. Nourish her spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort her with your presence. Let Brenda know you are there with her through this difficulty. And may you be glorified in her life and also in mine.
Amen

No comments: