Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Weekend

Well Halloween weekend was pretty fun around the Jones home......

We started off with some pumpkin carving....
I finally decided I'd join in and pull some of the gook out......it didn't last long
After MUCH deliberation between the ghost and the kitty, I won. My tactics included reminding Mr Jones that I was, in fact, the grocery lady (I use this often) and that I was the one who had to work the next day (I had a bridal shoot). Guilt works guys :)
I have not found something that "works" for making him less odd......still trying different angles.
vuala! Meet Mrs. Kitty......

After my shoot, we started up a night of football complete with parents, fire, Cam, hotdogs, Chuy's chips and dip (white dip too YUM), and kabobbs......We were full....
We figured having parents over would keep the place clean since I wouldn't have time to clean the next day
we thought WRONG. My dad dropped a chip and ever so delicately shoved it with his foot under the oven. Mr Jones (Senior) left bottle caps on the table, and the ladies did NOT help with dishes......We'll let it slide this time.

Joey's dad DID teach me (being an engineer) that if you open a package of smarties, you should be careful to eat two at a time. Avoiding this could end up in the disaster of leaving you with an odd number of smarties....GASP
Sunday I caught Mr Jones washing my car (who I hope gets the boot here in the next year for an RX :) .....) I think he believes that the cleaner it is, the less I'll want a new one......I'm sticking with the argument that it's "too big" for me
& finally, meet our newest bedroom addition. THANK GOODNESS I ran into the store to find it marked down for one day only! WHEW! Here's to waiting on a sale!
Happy week every one! Only 3 more days....................

2 comments:

paula said...

love getting a peek into your gorgeous home. My home was not even close to this lovely our first year of marriage.

Sunny Jones said...

hopefully you can get a big peek here soon for dinner!