Sunday, November 7, 2010

Christmas Card Time!

Colder weather, hot coco, a new coat, and CHRISTMAS CARDS. These things all get me started into the Holiday season that will be here before we know it! This year I am ready for everything that entails......

Allow me to introduce you to my buddy Ben. He's a weirdo for sure, and always finds a way to put me in my place, but I think I'll keep him around a while..........

We met back in the High School days (mine at least) and it's safe to say he's been a HUGE help in my journey through this picture taking thing. Nothing better that determining what an acronym means in a 5 minute phone call rather than a ton of research, and he has been a HUGE help after breaking out into wedding photography as well. Ladies, apart from being a fabulous photographer, he's also single. Mind you, he lives in Charleston, but what a gorgeous place to move to be closer to your new fling :) sorry Ben...........

It's Christmas card time. This year we realized we couldn't resort to the easy wedding day photo, so Ben came over and was a HUGE success in helping us get a few shots to use.

Here is one from a recent engagement session he had in Auburn. They rolled Toomer's ...... genius if you ask me!
We are looking forward to seeing them all, but here are a few he had in a peek recently to hold us over.....
I HAD to get a photo of me in my wedding gown being carried over the threshold of our new home! I credit this idea to my beautiful friend, Cana. Her husband had a romantic itch and had her change into her gown before entering their first home. I just loved the idea & with her permission, used it for our first home as well :)
And our little one always looking out the front door was a necessary shot
Just a typical day for us........honestly, Ben put us like this, but Joey IS the one who spent hours hanging these frames so it was true to character for sure.
This is the part where I wait patiently for our photos to arrive in the mailbox and hope that I can find time to address Christmas cards this year. I'm pooped out and have quite a lot going on, but if I do without having a life for one last weekend I'm sure I can get it all done. Happy Sunday. I thought to myself Friday leaving work, this weekend will be over before I know it. Guess what? IT IS :(

XXX

2 comments:

paula said...

you all adorable! such a fun idea. when do you want to do dinner?

Sunny Jones said...

asap! we could do the first weekend in December (or any weeknight). I'll shoot you and email next week and we'll finally settle on a good day!! Looking forward to it :)