Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Our 25th

Our Christmas started exciting, and still has not quite ended after Amanda and Renaud missed their flight home. We are technically still in Holiday living until Friday morning when they fly back home to NYC.

We started off the Holidays with one of my usual "whoopsy" moments...I overestimated the stockings for being strudier than they were. And broke a lovely paint your own piggy bank Joey had stuffed into mine :( oh bother.
As tradition states, we began our celebrations @ Mamaw Jones' house to have Breakfast with the Jones side of the family. This was Mamaw's first year without Papaw around, and while we all missed him greatly, I think she did quite well and had a good Christmas Eve with everyone around.
Christmas Eve night followed quickly after the Ferguson celebration @ my Aunt Donna's house.
And we had a fabulous dinner and time playing Christmas Trivial Pursuit by the tree

And a late night game of adult pictionary followed. Iron Man? Really hunny?
Santa was pretty silly. After opening gifts and grabbing a coffe....Joey pointed out that santa knocked a few candles over and I should straighten them back up. There dangling was a jewelry box containing my new favorite diamond necklace. I never take the one off my father gave me, and this one rests perfectly below it. I love my boys :)


We had our alone time, then woke Amanda and Renaud and waited on mom and dad to do our annual family gifts. Leave it to Renaud to get only toys
And my father to get some Ray Bans so he can look just like Renaud.....
That night we had both sets of parents over for our Tradtional Christmas Dinner....featuring my Truffle Butter Turkey :) YUM
We had an amazing night with amazing people


And before heading back to the work week, Amanda and I took Renaud to the fabulous Birmingham Museum of Art.....it left MUCH to the imagination, but we were fond of the Native American exhibit...mostly for it's furs

& as soon as Josh and his lady friend made it to town, we headed to the Jones house to swap gifts and have some yummy taco soup.



I hope you all had as great a Christmas as my family did. It was definitely one for the books. Happy birthday to our Savior and Happy New Year to you as well!

Xx

No comments: