Friday, April 2, 2010

Rhema

Stumbled upon this verse today from the Message Bible....


So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn't hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn't gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God's chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture.

Wow! Just had to share that after having my quiet time this afternoon. We recently learned in our Bible study about the Greek word, Rhema. We study and meditate on the word, and a revelation occurs. Rhema is the REVEALED Word of God. In other words, when we study scripture, at times it is more learned until we meditate on it, hear it enough, and listen to His voice closely. Then you will find that the Rhema will activate your faith. This is where the power of God's word comes into play. His word is GOD himself. John 1:1-3 makes this clear. "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word WAS God." There you have it. The power of the Lord is in your home, at your desk, by your bed in the form of a book, and yet we spend more time watching the TV or facebooking (this includes me for sure) than we do having revelations that reveal the faith we need to gain the power of the Lord in our daily walk. How foolish we can be.

This verse was oe of those "aha" rhema moments for me. GOD is on my side. He has died a brutal death on a cross just so that I could live with Him for eternity. Why would I ever assume he has anything in store for me but the good? He knows why I go through certain things and it's all part of His plan.

So remember, during your bad days, when people are cruel and find pleasure in hurting you, just know that your friend is in Heaven defending you. Nothing else matters. And concerning the "bully", dont cast judgment on them either. You are not flawless and that is a matter between them and their spirit.

Hard to do? YES! Trying it out? SURE AM! Honestly, what else matters? God loves me, he sticks up for me, his son died for me. What was I concerned about again?


Happy Resurrection! Don't forget to thank the Lord today for the one you're able to have bc of His sacrifice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunny, I needed that reminder today. Thanks for posting this! I was thinking about getting the Message Bible, but I wasn't sure what people thought of it. Do you like it? :)

Sunny Jones said...

hey girl! I couldnt love it more if I tried :) ... I read a chapter in it, then I read it again in my esv. That way It's like a way to prepare me for reading the actual translation without getting confused.