Monday, June 7, 2010

12 months later.....

So, Joey and I have been racking our brains to think up the perfect one year anniversary trip. Don't get me wrong, we could think of a thousand:



1. bahamas
2. bora bora
3. visit Amanda in NYC
4. colorado (bundled in my new fur coat with a fire blazing in our very own cottage)

The "racking of the brains" had to happen bc we are trying to save for a house, and decided to rule out anywhere that required flying.....now you see what I mean?
Well, the beach is fabulous, dont get me wrong, but we are going in July & we can go any time....so that seemed too easy.

Anyone ever read the book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil?" It is one of my favorite books, and recently for the first time I saw the movie (hated it...as usual doesn't do the book justice). This did, however, give us the idea of a vacation here. We can do all of the tours that are provided (even a book tour....insert geeky giggle here).


This is a shot of the famous Bonaventure Cemetery. No, I'm not into the whole cemetery thing, but it goes to show that even the cemeteries in Savannah are gorgeous. For someone who can't stop taking pictures, I should be in Heaven here!


Where to stay ? After much searching we found the perfect spot! The Marshall House!

Right in the center of everything! And the rooms (even the cheapest) are gorgeous and updated with everything you could possibly need! All of the reviews go on and on about how comfy the beds are! woop woop bc i usually HATE hotel beds.

Don't worry my food networkers...we DO plan to visit Paula Dean's restaurant while there, and we intend to eat just about everything on the menu. We should come back a good size larger. Maybe all that walking will help burn a stick of butter that Paula is known for adding to everything :)

I mainly can't wait to celebrate the best year of my life and many more to come with my best friend. In one year he has become a registered investment representative for Reliance Financial Group, learned to fold t-shirts properly, become quite good at supporting me with my new ventures, and somehow managed to grow fond of the Golden Girls. Every morning before leaving to go to work, he finds time to sit with me and pray that God will preotect me and give me a good day. You always hope and dream that you'll find someone who makes you a better person, and he's done just that. He inspires me, motivates me, and makes me strive to be better each and every day. I will never know how to thank him for that.

Savannah, Georgia here we come :) Countown begins: 73 DAYS

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We're going to Savannah for our anniversary too! In October! Y'all have fun!