Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Overwhelmed....just a tid bit


It is safe to say that some sort of magic (yes, magic) has been in the air at our apartment.

How this much stuff (and still SO MUCH MORE to pack) has fit in our one bedroom 1600 square foot apartment has BLOWN my mind....
I've decided that some sort of fairy dust must've been sprinkled ever so gently over our belongings to make them disappear in a clean and organized manner over the past year.

The funniest part of it all? even after not touching certain things for a year, I still managed to convince myself that they were necessities and I needed to pack them for the next place. Random. I was always a hoarder until my mother broke me of it. Now I throw just about everything away. Poor Joey has lost quite a bit of his belongings (aka junk) from my compulsive cookie jar motion towards the trash can. The problem is, photographs, sentimental garbage, and notes are things I refuse to trash....and I have quite a bit. So off to the new house they go!

I pack, and pack, and pack a little more only to still appear to have a pretty full place. Maybe that's what God had in mind when we discovered that our closing moved from 8:30am to 2pm! We were sad, but then realized we might actually need that time to finish up the packing and pick up a Uhaul (last minute decision after realizing two trips is better than 18).

God continues to open doors for us and we continue to thank Him for his answers. Our debts are decreasing (and we were lucky to not even have much of that from the start) & our "smart" decisions are increasing. YAY! Thank you for your prayers and support.

Now, for those of you who would like to enter our competition. Yes, competition. Ever seen the World's Strongest Man? Well Saturday is your chance to prove it! Meet us on highway 280 at River Glen and we will put you to the test. No sign up fee necessary. Many will enter, few will win. Come on down and prove yourself. You can reach us via email @ wewanttohelpyoumove@goodfriends.com.


xxx

1 comment:

Carter said...

You know I would send my tree climbing man beast of a husband that way if we weren't babysitting! Good Luck with your competition :)